How to Look After Your Horsebox
Maintaining your horsebox is something not to over-look and can require time and care. Much the same way that you check on a horse, it is a good idea to keep a constant check on your horsebox. You will want your horse to travel safely and in comfortable conditions, therefore it is important to keep on top of any horsebox maintenance. Take a look below at some top tips on looking after horseboxes.
• Have your trailer or horsebox serviced annually. Servicing your horsebox is vital for safety for not only your horse but other road users.
• Power wash the outside and underside of the trailer after use to make sure it is clean. Cleanliness is key when it comes to horseboxes. The cleaner the box the less chance of infection and germs spreading etc.
• Make sure that the lights on your horsebox or trailer are working correctly. This is very important for other road users as well as yourself. Motorists and drivers need to be aware that the vehicle is carrying animals.
• If your horsebox or trailer has a wooden floor it is essential that you check it regularly for signs of rotting.
• Check tyres for wear and ensure that the tyre pressures are accurate. Like any vehicle, tyres need checking to ensure safety whilst on the road.
• It is essential that you make sure that your towing hitch is the right height for the trailer. Again, it comes down to safety for everyone on the road, including other motorists.
By sticking to these tips you will have a clean and safe environment for both your horse and passengers.